Our work with MPs and Councillors
St Mungo's works with MPs, London Assembly Members and local councillors across the main political parties. Here are just some of the ways we work with them:
- Inviting MPs, London Assembly Members and local councillors to visit our projects, to see our work and meet our clients and staff.
- Attending meetings with MPs in their Westminster or constituency office.
- Giving evidence to Parliamentary or local government committees and cross-party groups who are working on a relevant specialist issue.
- Presenting the findings from our research at specific events, meetings and using online communication channels.
We believe this work helps us to:
- Improve people's understanding of the varied and complex issues that affect the lives of people who are homeless.
- Explain our approach to supporting peoplewho are homeless, or at risk of homelessness.
- Encourage decision makers to challenge, debate and influence policies in an informed way to improve the quality of life for people who are homeless or vulnerable.
- Fulfil our commitment to building positive relationships with our neighbours and local stakeholders.
We involve the people who use our services in this work as much as possible. Often our clients are happy to share their experiences, discuss the causes and consequences of homelessness and give a view on what more can be done to help people who are homeless, or at risk of homelessness.
If you are an MP, London Assembly member or local councillor and would like any further information, or would like to visit one of our projects, please contact Catherine Glew at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 856 6125