Innovation and Awards
We pride ourselves on constantly reviewing and adapting our services to meet our clients' aspirations, drawing on their experiences to make improvements and refinements.
Sometimes this means doing the unexpected or trying something completely new. We take on challenges and find different ways of doing things to make sure our clients' needs are being met. Here are just some of our innovations:
- LifeWorks programme - tackling social exclusion through the provision of psychotherapy. In 2012-13, 204 clients were referred to the LifeWorks service, which held 1,860 individual sessions. Read the LifeWorks briefing.
- Palliative Care Service - our joint palliative care service, established in partnership with Marie Curie Cancer Care, for homeless people approaching the end of their lives. Download our end of life care resource pack here.
- ReVive - a social enterprise company that bids for contracts to refurbish our projects, and offers people who complete our programmes the to work on real jobs in a work based environment.
- Our Move on Training (MOT) was certified by Mentoring and Befriending Foundation which helps projects demonstrate the impact of their work through effective monitoring and evaluation.
- Ralph Lilywhite was nominated for a Partnership Staff Award in Bath and North East Somerset by Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership.
- Our Apprenticeship Scheme was silver winner in the Apprentice Employer Awards 721-2000 category at Apprenticeship4England.
- Care and Support West Care Awards 2014- Our Apprenticeship Scheme won in the Team category Best Not for Profit category.
- Our Apprenticeship Scheme won the Best Not for Profit category at TJ Awards 2015 in November 2015. These awards celebrate the best innovation and practice from the third sector.
- The Learning Awards - Silver winner in the Apprenticeship Programme of the year.
- Housing Heros Awards - Housing First was named Support/Care team of the year at the ceremony run by Inside Housing Magazine and the Chartered Institute of Housing. Housing First provides long term accommodation to rough sleepers in Westminster.
- We were named the 5th most gay friendly employer in the Stonewall Workplace Equality Index, maintaining our position as number one in the third sector and the first homelessness charity to make the top five.
- Our HR Consultancy Real People, which provides employment advice and training, was a finalist in the Consultancy of the year
- The Westminster Hotspot team won the Westminster Way Award for Partner of the Year 2016. They were shortlisted from 40 nominations.
- Clients from Endell Street, Endsleigh Gardens and the Flexible Designation service in Camden won the Camden Council's Adult Pathway Awards 2016. Our clients won three out of five awards available.
- Our LGBTQ+ Network was awarded the Employee Network Group of the year by the LGBT charity Stonewall. We also ranked 72 on the Top 100 Employers List
- 2016 Diverse Company Awards - St Mungo's won in the Charity Sector category at the Excellence in Diversity Awards
- We were 9th in the 50 most inclusive UK Emplyers that promote inclusion across all protected characteristics, representing all strands of diversity, including age, disability, Gender, LGBT, Race, Faith and Religion.
- St Mungo's and its BAME Diversity Network were recognised for leadership in creating equal and inclusive workplaces for Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic people by winning the 2016 BITC Race Equality Award's Inclusive Workplace Culture Award.
Our LGBTQ+ Network was awarded the Employee Network Group of the year by the LGBT charity Stonewall. We also ranked 50 on the Top 100 Employers Lis.