Innovation and Awards
We pride ourselves on constantly reviewing and adapting our services to meet our clients' aspirations, drawing on their experiences to make improvements and refinements.
Sometimes this means doing the unexpected or trying something completely new. We have a history of taking on challenges, and our hunger for innovation has not diminished. These are just some of our recent innovations: -
- LifeWorks programme - tackling social exclusion through the provision of psychotherapy. Read our latest briefing
- St Mungo's Palliative Care Service- our joint palliative care service ,established in partnership with Marie Curie Cancer Care, for homeless people approaching the end of their lives. Read the new palliative care research report, published May 2011.
- ReVive - a social enterprise company that bids for contracts to refurbish our projects, and offers people who complete our programmes the to work on real jobs in a work based environment.
- NHS Team Up award - A project developed with St Mungo's to improve the oral health of homeless people won 'Best Overall Project' at the Olympic legacy inspired NHS Team Up awards.
- Gardening Against the Odds - our gardening training project Putting Down Roots was runner-up at the national awards ceremony, which recognised St Mungo's for its work transforming gardens in Southwark.
- City of London Growing Localities - St Mungo's was also named a winner in the City of London's Gardening and Growing Food category, which commended Putting Down Roots' work helping to boost employment prospects among homeless people in the horticultural sector.
- Our Supporting Together team - the service partnership between St Mungo's, Willow Housing and Elders Voice, who together support older people in Brent - was one of six finalists in the .
- Our Palliative Care Service has been shortlisted for the prestigious Andy Ludlow Homelessness Awards.
- Our gardening programme. Putting Down Roots, was awarded £60,000-worth of funding as part of mental health charity Mind's Ecominds initiative.
- The Lodge - Housing Excellence Partnering Scheme of the Year award. Read more
- St Mungo's HR team announced 2011 Award finalists for their AMRIS Recruitment service
- Putting Down Roots gardening project - London in Bloom award. Read more