St Mungo's Apprenticeship Scheme
In 2008 St Mungo's developed a client trainee scheme to give people who had lived experience of homelessness the skills and experience they need to find a job within the homelessness sector or further afield. Since then, the scheme has gone from strength to strength and is now called the Apprenticeship Scheme (in recognition of the qualification that is attached to it).
This is the only scheme in the homelessness sector that is only open to those with lived experience of homelessness.
To find out when we will be recruiting, please contact email@example.com.
Please visit Current Vacancies to access the online application form (which will be available when we are recruiting).
We are looking for motivational, positive and inspiring role models who will inspire clients. St Mungo's Apprenticeship Scheme offers 12 months paid work, a comprehensive training programme and the opportunity to gain a Level 2 Food Production or Level 3 Health & Social Care qualifications. There will be on the job learning and shadowing staff to observe how they support service-users to achieve their goals. You will also be required to attend formal learning whilst working towards a qualification.
Our briefing is designed for voluntary, health and social care organisations that are considering developing a similar scheme for service user. It explores key impacts, case studies, recruitment and how we developed the scheme.
Aims of the Scheme:
- To provide employment opportunities for those with lived experience of homelessness
- To provide a supported and structured route to gain the necessary skills and knowledge to become effective Project Workers
- The Scheme has provided employment for 120 people with lived experience of homelessness since 2008
- 87% of the Apprentices completed the programme in 2014-15
- There were 24 new starters in 2014 with 16 projects offering an apprenticeship - six of these projects offered an apprenticeship for the first time
- 62% of those who completed the programme in 2015 secured employment within St Mungo's.19% secured employment with other organisations.
- Winner in Care and Support West Care Awards 2014 (The Team category)
- Silver Winner in The Learning Awards 2013 (Apprenticeship Programme of the Year category), hosted by Learning & Performance Institute
- Silver Winner in Apprenticeships 4 England Apprenticeship Employer Awards (751-2000 staff category)
- Finalist at Skills for Care Accolades 2013/14 (Best Employer Support for Apprenticeships category)
- Finalist at Training Journal Awards (Best Non for Profit programme category)
- Finalist at Care Support West Awards 2014 (The Team category)
- Finalist at Skills for Care Accolades 2013-14 (Best Recruitment Initiatives category)
Watch our Apprenticeship film.
Listen to Chantelle and Anthony talk about their apprenticeships in films made by Skills for Care:
To find out more about Apprenticeships at St Mungo's contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more.
Who can applyFind out more about who is eligible for our Apprenticeship SchemeFind out more
What can I gain?Information about how the scheme can help you find workFind out more
Want to join?Frequently Asked Questions about how the apprenticeship scheme can help you find workFind out more
Information for staffFrequently Asked Questions about how the apprenticeship scheme can help clients into workFind out more