Our clients are people who live in our accommodation or use our services such as our skills and employment services, day centres, offender services, or people our staff go out to meet and support in the community.
If you are a client of St Mungo’s, please read on to find out more about the services available to you and how you can get in touch and get involved.

Housing, health and money basics

There are a number of ways you can pay your rent - in the first instance you should speak to your keyworker or another member of staff in your accommodation about how to do this. You will soon be able to pay your rent online – watch this space for the link and information on how to do this.

Your first step is to find your local GP or doctors’ surgery. GPs work by areas, so you can’t be registered at one too far away from where you live.

Use the NHS website to find your local GP.

  • Once you have found a GP near you, you need to register. There are a couple of ways you can do this:
    Online – many GPs now have online registration. Find your GP’s website and if they have online registration, simply fill out their form and wait to hear back from them.
  • In person – if you can, you may want to go to your chosen GP and fill in their form in person. Usually the reception staff will be able to help you.

The NHS website also has useful information on what you will need to register and copies of the form you will need to fill out. You can find the information on their website.

If you live in St Mungo’s accommodation you can report repairs to us by:

  • Telephoning Repairs Helpdesk on: 020 3856 6024
  • Emailing
  • Sending an SMS message to: 07506 535 535

Your SMS message needs to start with word REPAIR - this is an automated service for which you need to register your phone number – details are available from Property Services Team or your support staff

  • Writing a letter to: St Mungo’s Property Services Team, 3 Thomas More Square, London, E1W 1YW.

Alternatively you can speak to your key worker or any member of staff at your accommodation who will be able to help.

If you want some information on benefits that may be available to you, visit, the Government information website and read the information held there. If you would like someone to talk you through your options, you might find it helpful to speak to Citizen’s Advice. You can find out your local branch or how to contact them on their website.

Other websites with useful information include:

 You can also email the St Mungo's benefits advice service by emailing

Using St Mungo's services

A Recovery College is a free, supported learning environment where people work towards gaining skills, experience and confidence. It is not like a traditional college, where you would work towards a qualification. St Mungo's offers a number of Recovery Colleges in different locations.

If you would like to take a course, or deliver your own course to other people, you can find out how to on the Recovery College page.

If you’re in one of our 24 hour staffed hostels, please speak to any member of staff on duty and they will be happy to help you.

If you’re in semi independent accommodation, the telephone number of the manager will be displayed in a communal area – please do call this number. If the manager is not available, call us on 020 3856 6000 at our central office or email and we will help you to find the right person to speak to.


We want to keep improving our services and value feedback, both positive and where things need to get better . Tell us what you think via this page - our complaints, comments and suggestions.

If you'd prefer, you can also send an email to or call us on 020 3856 6068 and we will get back to you to discuss your problem.


Our skills and employment services range from personalised 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance, skills development, employment workshops, help with writing a CV and improving your interview techniques and finding work placements.

Our skills and employment services are open to anyone who is homeless regardless of whether you are ready for work or not.

If you are interested in this service please email or call on 020 7902 7948.

Getting involved with St Mungo's

That’s great! We welcome all ideas and suggestions. You can either talk to your keyworker who will pass the information on, or email us on and we’ll respond within a couple of days.

There are many client-based groups. You may want to attend residents meeting in your accommodation project, for example, or one of our diversity networks.

St Mungo’s also has two organisational client involvement groups:

  • Outside In – this is a group that’s open to all St Mungo’s clients. Outside In is made up of people who live in our accommodation or use services and who work in partnership with St Mungo's to use their voices, skills, talents and strengths to improve our services.
    We currently have Outside In groups in London and Bristol. As we grow in different areas, more may develop across the South and South West.
  • Client Advisory Board (CAB) – this is a formal group of clients who meet with St Mungo's Board of Trustee members and directors every six weeks to represent clients, putting forward ideas and concerns and helping to set the agenda for future development. Any client who has used one or more of our services can apply to join the CAB, which is followed by an interview with other members.

To find out more, contact Amy White, Head of Client Involvement, Diversity and Inclusion, at

Volunteering and apprenticeships are great ways to get involved with the work of St Mungo’s and help others who are facing the challenges of rough sleeping or homelessness.

  • Volunteering – we regularly open up opportunities for volunteering. You can find out more on our volunteering page.
  • Apprenticeship Scheme – our award winning apprenticeship scheme is open to applicants with lived experience of homelessness once a year. You can find out the details on our apprenticeship scheme pages.