St Mungo's in Bristol
For over 40 years, St Mungo's has been supporting the homeless men and women of London. We already have an outreach team working in Reading and have two hostels in Oxford. In October 2009 we relaunched a Bristol homeless centre.
The Compass Centre, based in Stokes Croft, is the first major service St Mungo's has run in Bristol. We have reinvigorated the services and introduce new activities to meet the needs of as many homeless people in Bristol as possible.
The Compass Centre provides:
- Health centre with a GP service
- Mental health support workers
- Café run by homeless people
- IT training
St Mungo's has introduced:
- More activities available at the Compass Centre to help people gain skills and confidence to move forward
- A range of sports activities
- A Community Bridge Builder has joined the team, supported by volunteers, to offer housing advice and support to vulnerable groups
- CV and interview training
- Educational programmes to help improve numeracy and literacy skills
And with the help of our supporters...
- Provide two specialist project workers to deliver the new range of services
- Purchase a new vehicle to reach as many of Bristol's rough sleepers as possible
Charles Fraser, St Mungo's Chief Executive:
"We want the Compass Centre to be a powerful place of hope and change for homeless people in Bristol. We want it to be somewhere people can come to find the right way forward for them as they recover from homelessness."
Read more about
Read more about the Bristol Wellbeing Service we run.