LifeWorks Psychotheraphy Service
LifeWorks is a pilot tackling social exclusion through the provision of psychotherapy. It is part of the Social Exclusion Taskforce's ACE (Adults facing Chronic Exclusion) programme.
The project gives all St Mungo's clients and clients of other specific services access to individual psychotherapy/counselling with fully-qualified and registered psychotherapists. Group therapy will be developed in the future, and one-off groups on particular themes (eg, anger, bereavement, living in a hostel) can be arranged now.
An article on the project has been published in the Journal of Public Mental Health (2011 - pay to view).
See also our LifeWorks Recovery Results Briefing April 2011
The sessions are offered at the following sites:
- Our Old Street offices
- The Wellbeing Centre in Kensington (K&C residents only)
- Cedars Road hostel (Lambeth residents only)
- Lambeth Semi-independent housing (residents of these projects only)
South London & Maudsley Trust sites:
- START & SCOT statutory mental health teams
- Substance Use After Care Team
- Lambeth Hospital
Lifeworks - How to access psychotherapy/counselling with usOptions :
- Call us on 0207 608 4728 and we can arrange to complete the referral form together with you.
- Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to request forms.
- Download the LifeWorks referral form and return it to the team.
- For more information download our LifeWorks briefing or the LifeWorks Psychotherapy Service leaflet to find out just how beneficial this service is.
You can contact the mental health team at:
211 Old Street
Tel: 0207 608 4728