2020 Halloween Orbit Abseil
We challenge all vampires, zombies, witches and monsters to go over the edge of ArcelorMittal Orbit to help end homelessness (costumes welcome, but not essential)!
Are you ready for a “Thriller” of a descent down the UK’s tallest sculpture and highest freefall abseil (at 262ft) in aid of St Mungo’s? Take the plunge and get set for an adrenaline fuelled ride back down to earth.
Take in breathtaking views across London including the following iconic buildings:
- The Gherkin
- St Paul’s
- Canary Wharf
- Wembley Stadium
- The Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
No prior experience is necessary to take part as you receive a comprehensive safety briefing, along with an abseiling kit and full training on the day.
Additional safety measures as a result of Covid-19
All abseil staff have been through additional training in preparation for reopening to the public. An overview of the relevant additional measures in place can be found here, please take time to read these before you visit. We ask that everyone attending on the day wears a mask when entering the venue.
Nearest tube and train station is Stratford on the Central, Jubilee, DLR and Overground. If you wish to avoid public transport, you can park at nearby Westfield, Stratford.
Please note: The abseil is available to participants aged 18 and over. Those aged between 14-18 need parental consent. The providers for the day will be Wire & Sky who have vast experience of running these types of events. They will provide training on the day.
How to join St Mungo’s Home Team
To join St Mungo’s Home Team, please sign up using the link above. The following minimum sponsorship amounts and registration fee apply:
- Day Time slots available from 10am-6pm.
- Registration Fee: £20
- Fundraising target: £195
What we provide you with
- A St Mungo’s t-shirt.
- Photos of your abseil taken on the day and freely available.
- Opportunity to purchase a video of your abseil.
- A fundraising pack filled with help, advice and top tips to increase your sponsorship.
- A dedicated event contact in the lead-up and on the day.
- Regular updates with key information via e-newsletters.
- Opportunity to become more involved with St Mungo’s and understand the frontline work we do.
- Recognition for your hard work helping to rebuild lives.
Got a question? Get in touch with Will:
020 3856 6230