It’s fantastic that you’d like to find out more about volunteering at St Mungo’s. Could you spare a couple of hours of your time to make a difference to people sleeping rough this Christmas? This winter we’re hosting bucket collections at Stations and Christmas Markets across London. We’re asking for volunteers to join us for a two hour slot at a time of your choice throughout the day, to help spread festive cheer whilst engaging with members of the public with our work and collecting vital donations to help get people off the streets this winter.
Please see all locations and the time commitments we are currently recruiting for in this role:
- Paddington Station – Monday 5th December , 2 hour shift between 7am – 7pm
- Tottenham Court Road Station- Tuesday 6th December, 2 hour shift between 7am-2pm
- Stratford Station- Tuesday 6th December, 2 hour shift between 3pm-7pm
- Oxford Circus Station- Thursday 8th December, 2 hour shift between 7am-2pm
- Tower Hill Station- Thursday 8th December, 2 hour shift between 3pm-7pm
- Hackney Christmas Market, Saturday 10 December, 2 hour shifts between 12pm – 6pm.
- Christmas by the River, Sunday 11 December, 2 hour shifts between 11am – 9pm
- Waterloo Station-Monday 12th December, 2 hour shift between 7am-7pm
- Kings Cross Station- Tuesday 13th December, 2 hour shift, 7 am-7pm
- Liverpool Street Station- Tuesday 13th December, 2 hour shift between 7 am-7pm
- Victoria Station- Wednesday 14th December, 2 hour shift between 7:30am-7:30pm
- Euston Station- Wednesday 14th December, 2 hour shift between 7am-7pm
- London Bridge Station- Thursday 15th December, 2 hour shift between 7 am-7pm
- Holborn Station- Tuesday 20th December, 2 hour shift between 3pm-7pm
- Charing Cross Station- Tuesday 20th December, 2 hour shift between 7 am-7pm
- Seven Dials Late Night Shopping Collection, Thursday 22 December, 2 hour shifts between 5pm-9pm
What you’ll get when you sign up:
- A St Mungo’s t-shirt and collection bucket, so you look the part on the day
- A full briefing ahead of the collection, including top tips about how to make as much money as possible!
- A member of the fundraising team who will be on hand to support you and answer any questions about our work
If you have any questions before joining the team, please drop our team an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help.
To sign up and book your slot simply follow the below link, and we’ll be in touch soon with everything you’ll need to know for the day. You will be able to choose what shift and what station on sign up.
How you’ll make a difference
Last year, our outreach teams worked with 11,453 people who were sleeping on the streets. We also provided specialist healthcare, training and employment teams dedicated to helping people recover from their experiences and really turn their lives around for good. . Our aim is help every person we meet to recover and rebuild their lives.
The money you raise could help provide counselling to people affected by homelessness, to support their mental health and begin their recovery journey.