It’s fantastic that you’d like to find out more about volunteering at St Mungo’s. We are looking for volunteers to facilitate regular music group sessions for our clients, guided by St Mungo’s values. This will include designing the music sessions to meet the needs of the participants and taking a creative approach to how these are facilitated, playing music and having a sing along on the karaoke machine and discussing with residents their favourite music and what memories they associate with it.
Please see all locations and the time commitments we are currently recruiting for in this role:
- Islington- Monday- Friday, 2 hours (between 9am-5pm), once a week * The role is based at a care home and therefore you will be working with older clients.
- Brent- Monday-Sunday, 2-3 hours per week, preferably Monday evenings but the hours can be flexible and agreed at the interview stage
The attached role description will give you more information on the type of tasks you’ll be undertaking in this role as well as the support you’ll get from us in return.
Recruitment for this role may be closed earlier depending on the volume of applications we receive.
Things to remember:
– Please look at the time commitments and locations required for this role and be sure you are able to commit. This role requires a 6 month commitment.
– A DBS check will be carried out for this role as it is a client-facing role.
– Please make sure you have read our Frequently Asked Questions here for new volunteer applicants