It’s fantastic that you’d like to find out more about volunteering at St Mungo’s. Life Works, St Mungo’s innovative therapy service, is offering a valuable opportunity for experienced trainee and qualified psychotherapists to take up a voluntary placement providing psychotherapy for people experiencing chronic homelessness and social exclusion.
Given the complex nature of this work, we require applicants to already have 100 hours experience of providing individual psychotherapy and be in their second year or above of training, and to commit to a one year placement. We would welcome applications from those who are working in creative therapies.
Please see all locations and the time commitments we are currently recruiting for in this role:
- Bristol – 3-5 hours per week for client counselling, between Monday to Friday, 8am-6pm and a further 1.5 hours to attend fortnightly clinical supervision sessions on Wednesday or Friday morning.
The attached role description will give you more information on the type of tasks you’ll be undertaking in this role as well as the support you’ll get from us in return.
Trainee applicants: Please be aware that successful applications post 01/06/2022 will be guaranteed a January 2023 start date. Applicants are able to start earlier than this, however it may not coincide with term dates if part of a placement.
How can I apply?
Complete our online application form by clicking ‘Apply Now’
• In availability please put the region(s) you are applying for, as well as the clinical supervision times to confirm you can make these timings.
• In the first question box please paste in your CV (if it is too long please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org)
• In the second question box please write a narrative [no more than 750 words] detailing the interest you have in this work and what you could helpfully bring to it. You should indicate whether you are interested in a face to face placement or remote working placement.
Things to remember:
– Please look at the time commitments and locations required for this role and be sure you are able to commit.
– Please make sure you have read our Frequently Asked Questions here for new volunteer applicants
– A DBS check will be carried out for this role.
If you have any further questions please contact email@example.com
*We do make some exceptions to this, please see the role description for further information.