Cooking Group Volunteer
It’s fantastic that you’d like to find out more about volunteering at St Mungo’s. Are you keen on cooking? If so then we may have the role for you! You will be encouraging clients to socialise as they cook, as well as collaborating with staff and clients to decide on recipes, and buy ingredients. Working in a kitchen, you will give nutritional and healthy eating information whilst running the cooking classes. Volunteers may also do meal planning with clients and budgeting for cooking.
Please see all locations and the time commitments we are currently recruiting for in this role:
- Hammersmith and Fulham- Monday-Friday, 12pm-5pm, 2-3 hours one day per month
- Camden-Monday to Friday, 12-5pm, 3 hours per week
- Hackney-Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, 4 hours per week
The attached role description will give you more information on the type of tasks you’ll be undertaking in this role as well as the support you’ll get from us in return.
Recruitment for this role may be closed earlier depending on the volume of applications we receive.
Things to remember:
– Please look at the time commitments and locations required for this role and be sure you are able to commit. All of our roles require a 6 month commitment.
– A DBS check will be carried out for this role as it is a client-facing role.
– Please make sure you have read our Frequently Asked Questions here for new volunteer applicants