Putting Down Roots – Gardening Support Volunteer
It’s fantastic that you’d like to find out more about volunteering at St Mungo’s. Are you keen on supporting our clients in their recovery through gardening? Putting Down Roots is a horticultural therapy and training project, using gardening as a tool to help people in their recovery. The Putting Down Roots team recently scooped a Silver Medal for its innovative garden at this year’s RHS Chelsea Flower Show. In this role, you will be supporting clients to learn how to plant and grow flowers, herbs, vegetables, how to maintain green spaces and to learn other gardening skills. Whilst gardening experience would be an advantage, we are looking for people who can work well with our clients and are keen to get stuck in and learn alongside them in the garden!
Please see all locations and the time commitments we are currently recruiting for in this role:
- Haringey- Tuesday, 10am-2pm
- Kensington & Chelsea -Wednesday, 10am-2pm
- Lambeth : Monday and Wednesday, 10am – 2pm
Things to remember:
– Please look at the time commitments and locations required for this role and be sure you are able to commit. All of our roles require a 6 month commitment.
– Please make sure you have read our Frequently Asked Questions here for new volunteer applicants
– A DBS check will be carried out for this role.