Trustee Volunteer (Housing)
It’s fantastic that you’d like to find out more about volunteering at St Mungo’s. In this role you will take part in the governance of St Mungo’s, ensuring that St Mungo’s activities ultimately further the interests of our beneficiaries and the future sustainability of the charity. With other committee members, you will make decisions relating to strategy and policy and monitor performance, to assist St Mungo’s Board of Trustees with ensuring that a sound system of governance exists across the charity and that it is financially viable and properly managed.
Committee meetings take place, either in person or via video call, five times a year and last for around two hours. The Board also has a Strategy Day once a year. Occasionally you may need to visit our office near Aldgate or other sites for meetings, induction and training sessions.
Please click on the role description to find out more about the skills and experience required for this role.
To apply: Please send a copy of your CV along with a brief supporting statement, setting out the skills and experience that you would bring to the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org
The role advert will close on the 10th October 2022.
Things to remember:
– Please look at the time commitments required for this role and be sure you are able to commit. Committee member appointments are for a year.
– A DBS check will be carried out for this role.
– Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview.
If you have any questions please get in touch: email@example.com
Streetlink Phone Line Volunteer
It’s fantastic that you’d like to find out more about volunteering at St Mungo’s. StreetLink is a website, mobile app and telephone line that acts as a way of a connecting people who are rough sleeping to local services for support. As a Streetlink Phone Line Volunteer you will be taking calls from members of the public, including people who are sleeping rough themselves. Through volunteering, you will learn about resources and provision available to those sleeping rough, and also play a vital role in helping to end people’s homelessness.
I find the experience volunteering with StreetLink really rewarding, working with a really friendly and supportive team to help people in the toughest situations connect to services. – Stuart, StreetLink volunteer
You can read a blog from a Streetlink Volunteer about their experience here
Please see all locations and the time commitments we are recruiting for in this role:
- Tower Hamlets – 2 hours per week, for a minimum of six months. You can volunteer with us Monday to Sunday, between 10am and 10pm.
The attached role description will give you more information on the type of tasks you’ll be undertaking in this role as well as the support you’ll get from us in return.
Things to remember:
– Look at the time commitments and locations required for this role and be sure you are able to commit. All of our roles require a 6 month commitment.
– Please make sure you have read our Frequently Asked Questions here for new volunteer applicants.
– Recruitment for this role may be closed earlier depending on the volume of applications we receive.