St Mungo’s Chief awarded OBE in New Year honours
28 December 2018
Howard Sinclair, Chief Executive of St Mungo’s, has been awarded an OBE in the New Year Honours list.
Since his first job as a Nursing Assistant in the late 70s, Sinclair has held a variety of roles in health, housing and social care. He has worked for homelessness organisations for more than 15 years, including as CEO of St Mungo’s since 2014, and prior to that CEO of Broadway Homelessness Support for more than a decade.
Sinclair said “I’m proud of the part I’ve played in changing people’s lives over the years. But more than that, I’ve felt honoured to work with and learn from so many inspiring people.
“Perhaps the most important lesson has been that homelessness and deprivation are not inevitable, and that together we can make a difference.
“St Mungo’s will be marking its 50th year in 2019 and we are taking this opportunity to reflect on the lives of 50 clients, staff and supporters whose lives have shaped and inspired the organisation over that time. Now more than ever we need to be focused on putting long-term housing and support in place to stop people returning to the street, and to prevent people sleeping rough in the first place.”
About St Mungo’s:
- On any one night will provide 2,800 people with a bed and support
- Runs 300+ services providing emergency support, housing and recovery
- 1,300 staff and over 900 volunteers
- Works across London and the South
- Rough sleeper outreach teams worked with 6,364 people last year
- Last year turned over £89.6 million
- Largest provider of Housing First services in England
- Manages StreetLink, CHAIN database, Clearing House