- Location: City of London, Tower Hamlets, Westminster
- Closing Date: 10/01/2020
It’s fantastic that you’d like to find out more about volunteering at St Mungo’s. In this role, you will be working alongside another volunteer to support the Outreach team on an early morning or late evening shift, responding to alerts for rough sleepers. By locating rough sleepers for the Outreach team to engage with, you are ensuring alerts from the community get an immediate response, and acute cases are quickly identified and referred to emergency services. Currently, this role does not involve any engagement with rough sleepers.
Please see all locations and the time commitments we are currently recruiting for in this role:
• Westminster – Monday, Tuesday or Sunday 8.30pm-12am, one shift per fortnight
• Tower Hamlets – Monday, Wednesday, Thursday or Sunday, 9pm-12am
• City – Mondays 6am-8.30am or Thursdays, 10pm-1.30am, one shift per fortnight
We will soon be expanding the First Response service. From October, shifts will be available across all three boroughs every night of the week from 9am until midnight.
Please note: there will be a mandatory induction evening held at 3 Thomas More Square, Tower Hill, London, E1W 1YW. These happen every other Wednesday evening 18:00 – 20:30 and will be taking place for the foreseeable future. A date will be confirmed with you once you have applied.
Please click on the role description to find out more about the role requirements.
Things to remember:
– Please look at the time commitments and locations required for this role and be sure you are able to commit. All of our roles require a 6 month commitment.
– A DBS check will be carried out for this role as it is a client-facing role.
– Please make sure you have read our Frequently Asked Questions here for new volunteer applicants, and follow the link here to see the dates for our mandatory interview and training processes to be sure you can attend.
If you have any questions get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 3856 6160.