- Location: Across-London
- Closing Date: 10/10/2022
It’s fantastic that you’d like to find out more about volunteering at St Mungo’s. Could you spare a couple of hours of your time to make a difference to people sleeping rough this World Homelessness Day? On Monday 10 October, we’re celebrating World Homelessness Day by hosting bucket collections at Waterloo and Charing Cross Station! We’ve got an exciting day planned and we would be delighted if you could support us to help raise vital funds for St. Mungo’s. We’re asking for volunteers to join us for a two hour slot at a time of your choice throughout the day, to help engage members of the public with our work and collect donations.
Please see all locations and the time commitments we are currently recruiting for in this role:
- Charing Cross Station- Monday 10th October, 7 – 9 am, 9 – 11am, 11 – 1 pm, 1 – 3pm, 3 – 5pm or 5pm-7pm
- Waterloo Station- Monday 10th October, 7 – 9 am, 9am-11am, 11am-1pm, 1pm-3pm, 3pm-5pm or pm-7pm
To sign up and book your slot please follow the link below, and we’ll be in touch soon with everything you’ll need to know for the day. You will be able to choose what shift and what station on sign up.
What you’ll get when you sign up
- A St Mungo’s t-shirt and collection bucket, so you look the part on the day
- A full briefing ahead of the collection, including top tips about how to make as much money as possible!
- A member of the fundraising team who will be on hand to support you and answer any questions about our work
If you have any questions before joining the team, please drop me an email to email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help.
How you’ll make a difference
Last year, our outreach teams worked with 11,453 people who were sleeping on the streets. We also provided specialist healthcare, training and employment teams dedicated to helping people recover from their experiences and really turn their lives around for good. . Our aim is help every person we meet to recover and rebuild their lives.
The money you raise could help provide counselling to 2 people affected by homelessness, to support their mental health and begin their recovery journey.