Careers at St Mungo's
St Mungo's staff are characterised by their compassion, integrity, professionalism and commitment. Our good reputation and the quality of our current services are due to the dedication of our staff.
Our people come from diverse backgrounds, and all walks of life. We’re committed to equality and inclusion.
10 reasons to work for St Mungo's
We're looking for positive people with a can do attitude, consistently professional approach and who are passionate about doing their best.
In return we can offer an exceptional employment deal shaped by what our people tell us they value.
Working for us means you will:
- Enjoy progressive flexi-time, time off in lieu and flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work and home life
- Have a wide range of opportunities to develop your skills and career
- Be part of an ethical organisation, driven by our values and commitment to our clients
- Enjoy a competitive salary and benefits that staff value
- Work within a culture of respect, diversity and inclusion
- Work with people who are as committed, positive and professional as you are
- Have a well-trained, supportive and empowering line manager who is there to coach you
- Be challenged by, recognised for and proud of the work you do
- Be part of a cooperative, creative team-based approach to work
- Be consulted on changes that affect you and have a real voice in how we do things at St Mungo's
For most of our roles, strong core competences and transferable skills are more important than direct previous experience. We have a very strong commitment to employing people with lived experience of the services we provide.
Other employee benefits
All our jobs are evaluated to ensure our pay is fair, and our salaries are very competitive.
We also offer attractive additional benefits:
- Exceptional flexi-time arrangements which are highly valued by staff (for those working on rotas, we offer Time Off In Lieu instead). Our core hours are 10.30am to 3.30pm, and staff can carry over up to three days flexi-leave (pro-rata for part-time staff) to the next four week period
- A pension scheme after six months service - 6% employer contribution conditional upon 4% employee contribution
- 25 days annual leave rising to 28 after five years
- Good maternity, parental, dependents, and compassionate leave arrangements
- Season ticket loans
- Childcare vouchers (salary sacrifice)
- Employee Assistance Programme
Developing your career at St Mungo's
"I joined St Mungo's as an apprentice at Haringey Recovery Service. My Apprenticeship taught me so many of the skills that I have needed to work with clients in services. Taking responsibility for my own development and growth has been central to my progress. With support from my line manager I started to identify areas where I knew I needed to develop. I undertook the Level 3 Managing Volunteers qualification which provided me with a great starting point to develop my supervisory skills. I gained exposure to more senior tasks such as supporting with quarterly reporting and attending certain manager meetings. I also got involved with wider organisational activities, joining diversity networks and sitting on the Staff Advisory Board. There are so many things you can get involved in at St Mungo’s and I have developed a broader perspective of how the organisation operates."
We want you to continuously learn and grow with us. Learn more about developing your skills and career at St Mungo’s.