Work with us
Could you help to make it someone’s last night on the streets?
Our staff are characterised by compassion, integrity, professionalism and commitment. Our reputation and the quality of our services are all thanks to the dedication of our staff.Our people come from diverse backgrounds and we are committed to equality and inclusion.
10 reasons to work for St Mungo's
We’re looking for positive people with a can do attitude, consistently professional approach and who are passionate about doing their best.
In return we can offer an exceptional employment deal shaped by what our people tell us they value.
Working for us means you will:
- Enjoy progressive flexi-time, time off in lieu and flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work and home life
- Have a wide range of opportunities to develop your skills and career
- Be part of an ethical organisation, driven by our values and commitment to our clients
- Enjoy a competitive salary and benefits that staff value
- Work within a culture of respect, diversity and inclusion
- Work with people who are as committed, positive and professional as you are
- Have a well-trained, supportive and empowering line manager who is there to coach you
- Be challenged by, recognised for and proud of the work you do
- Be part of a cooperative, creative team-based approach to work
- Be consulted on changes that affect you and have a real voice in how we do things at St Mungo’s
For most of our roles, strong core competences and transferable skills are more important than direct previous experience.
We have a very strong commitment to employing people with lived experience of the services we provide.
Other employee benefits
All our jobs are evaluated to ensure our pay is fair, and our salaries are very competitive.We also offer attractive additional benefits:
- Exceptional flexi-time arrangements which are highly valued by staff (for those working on rotas, we offer Time Off In Lieu instead). Our core hours are 10.30am to 3.30pm, and staff can carry over up to three days flexi-leave (pro-rata for part-time staff) to the next four week period
- A pension scheme after six months service – 6% employer contribution conditional upon 4% employee contribution
- 25 days annual leave rising to 28 after five years
- Good maternity, parental, dependents, and compassionate leave arrangements
- Season ticket loans
- Employee Assistance Programme