- Location: Bristol, Tower Hamlets
- Closing Date: 07/07/2022
It’s fantastic that you’d like to find out more about volunteering at St Mungo’s. Are you looking for your first role in the homelessness sector? As a First Response Volunteer, you will help find those rough sleeping quicker, and enable Outreach workers to spend more time supporting those found to move away from the streets and get connected to other local services. First Responders play a crucial role in ensure people sleeping rough receive vital support. This is not a client-facing role and therefore is well suited to somebody looking for their first role in the homelessness sector. However, we do also offer development opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge about rough sleeping for those interested.
Please see all locations and the time commitments we are currently recruiting for in this role:
- Tower Hamlets – between 9pm – 12am during the week or over the weekend (1 shift per month)
- Bristol – between 6pm – 10pm on Tuesdays, 6.15am – 8.30am on Wednesdays or 7am – 9am on Saturdays (1 shift per month)
The attached role description will give you more information on the type of tasks you’ll be undertaking in this role as well as the support you’ll get from us in return.
Recruitment for this role may be closed earlier depending on the volume of applications we receive.
Things to remember:
– Please look at the time commitments and locations required for this role and be sure you are able to commit. All of our roles require a 6 month commitment.
– A DBS check will be carried out for this role.
– Please make sure you have read our Frequently Asked Questions here for new volunteer applicants